Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 29, 2012 About Me I am really trying to get this blog rolling. Unfortunately, I need a computer class. Or, my eleven year old needs to stay home from school and set the page up for me. I like to write. I do not like to read computer manuals. Anyway, this post is supposed to be under the "About Me" section. But, of course, I can't figure out how to make it appear. And now I am tired so I am putting it here for now. Baby steps. **** Craig and I were married almost ten years before our first Lovely, Abigail, was born. We were busy...attending law school...accumulating student loan debt...paying off student loan debt. Then suddenly, we were thirty-two years old. After a year of infertility treatments Abigail was conceived and eight months later she was born. It was a miserable pregnancy by any standard. But, you know what they say, "Childbirth is the easiest pain to forget." Apparently, it is true because we had two more children in the next three-and-a-half years. I knew within the first two seconds of holding Abigail that I would not be returning to the practice of law. I remember looking at her and thinking, "I would give my life in a heartbeat for you." And I would, for any of the Lovelies. People often ask me if I miss being a lawyer. The short answer is, "No." Initially, I missed the clothes and the lunches with friends. But, eventually, I got new clothes and new friends. And I really liked being home with my three Lovelies. When Marie turned two years old, I began to wonder what on earth I was going to do with my life after my kids were in school. I like to know where I am headed and am a neurotic planner. My bible study friends prayed for me as I fretted about my uncertain future. In the midst of all of this self-imposed worry, I felt like there was still one more child waiting to join our family. But, time marched on. I turned forty and began to let that fourth dream go. God did not. He must have heard that cry in my heart because shortly before I turned forty-one our fourth child was conceived. And thirty-one weeks later Jonathan roared into the world. This blog is about the plans God had for my future, and about His plans for my four Lovelies. He must have been rolling his eyes during all that anxious praying before Jonathan was conceived. He knew He was preparing a blessing so huge I could not imagine it in my wildest dreams. I am writing this blog to share the miracles God blesses our family with everyday so that all can see His magnificent glory, provision and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment