Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to School - The Other Three Lovelies

Hi -

This has been a busy month at the Krummen household - I can't believe September is almost over. The big kids are in school and while that might reasonably suggest that I have more time...I am busier than ever. It occurred to me that while my blog is entitled "My Four Lovelies" the older three rarely get any press. Here are a few outtakes from their back-to-school adventure this past month:

Marie: My beautiful daughter started kindergarten this past month. She cried - a little - but is pretty excited about school. She has been going to this kindergarten classroom since Abigail was a kindergartner so she is very familiar with the surroundings. I asked her what she learned the other day and she said: "Mama, Mrs. Rollerson said the Bible can change your life...did you know that?" Why, yes, Marie I did. You know, you can learn your ABC's just about anywhere - but learning about the life-changing power of God's word - that is a different story.

Luke: My middle son is serious student. He doesn't care what the subject is - he doesn't care if he has learned it before. He loves school. He pops out of bed every morning and asks if it is a school day. My earlier experience with Abigail taught me to dread this question - but not with Luke - if it is a school day he dashes upstairs, grabs his clothes and is ready to go. I am trying to think of anything amusing regarding his return to school - but that just isn't his story. He is just a happy boy who likes to do worksheets and sit in a classroom. What on earth did I do to deserve this?

Abigail: My sweet oldest daughter is enjoying third grade - in fact, she has only said she didn't want to go to school once this whole month. This is HUGE. Abigail is a good student, but would rather stay home and read stories to Jonathan, or play Little Pet Shop, or make brownies or tend to her fish. I would have to say her favorite part of school this year - at least the part I see the most enthusiasm for - is, this is true, scripture memory. Apparently her class makes up motions to help them remember the verse they are studying. Last week's verse was, in part: "set an example in...purity." 1 Tim. 4:17. As she recites the verse to our family she vigorously scrubs her armpits and laughs hysterically.

Well, I am trying, but I can't not write about Jonathan. He is doing soooo good. And...the best news of all...HE CAN HEAR NORMALLY! He had an ABR test at Children's early this morning to analyze the effect of the tubes placed in his ears last month and the tubes did the job. God is so good - thank-you my Lord. Jonathan is being baptised on October 11th at North Heights Church in Arden Hills after the late service - please come and pray and rejoice with us if you are able!

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment